Bro is that a Sweatband?
No its a MYO!
This is the future of technology!
What is this you ask? Well this what they call a MYO!
I found this when I was conducting my search for things that were on the leading edge of technology. When I started out thinking about the leading things in technology the first thing that came to my mind was cell phones! I thought to myself we are bombarded daily by advertisements about the latest and greatest new cell phone and what it can do, so I thought I can challenge myself more than that and find something more cutting edge.
I began thinking about this very concept and realized that it has been around for a bit but we haven't really known that. Think about it, how we have made some of the greatest movies such as Avatar! These movies used computer graphics that came from expensive sensors that would replicate how a person would move. From there they are turned into the computer animated character. I feel that it was only a matter of time before a group of individuals would figure out a way to understand how we move and then incorporate it with out digital based lives.
In today's day and age we get so busy with things we are doing in our lives. Have you ever felt like you need an extra had? Well I know I have whether it was to pause a movie in the middle of doing homework, recording a TV show, taking a photo with out using your phone, well I believe that there is a solve to that and here is what it looks like!
This little black band that you see is incredible! The MYO uses the muscles in your arm and the electrical activity it produces to wirelessly control your phone, computer, video games, and some of your favorite digital technologies.
I feel that the MYO is really just scratching the surface and unlocking a whole new world. Imagine being able to do more things or control more things with just a few movements of your arm. For example, I like to play video games but don't play them that often and when I do I get hand cramps from holding the remote controller. Well now using MYO you wouldn't have to use a remote controller, you can play wirelessly and would not have to worry about those annoying hand cramps anymore. More over MYO could be utilized as a great training tool for even first responders such as fire fighters, police officers and possibly utilized in the military.
Knowing that I am working on being a structural fire fighter and having discovered the difficulties of the job, imagine being able to visualize where your crew was on a small display unit inside your mask. Inside your mask moving your arm a certain way that the MYO understands you will now be able to see where crew members are and how they are doing. You are able to do this as well as completing an important task yourself, but with the quick movement of your arm or wrist. I believe that this could help save lives and be utilized as an important piece of gear for the fire department.
The MYO I feel is on the leading edge of technology. Whether it be for personal use or for business. I believe that in the next few years you will see a huge advancement in integrating our lives with the digital world. We have never had a bridge between our lives and the digital world like this before, this will help shape the world we live in!
Hope you all enjoyed this and I cant wait till the MYO is out it will be out late 2013 or the first part of 2014!

Wow. Interesting find here. They make it look so effortless in the video though I imagine myself with one on and causing all sorts of mayhem and accidental moves!
ReplyDeleteGood job writing a introduction into this post and then fully focusing on the topic at hand (or arm... ) ;)