Welcome to WALL-Es world! First off I wanted to say that this is a great movie for being under 200 words spoken in this entire film. Now back to the subject at hand. What do we think when we watch this short movie clip? Well my first thought that it was absolutely hysterical and yet in some ways very true. These humans are living on a space ship waiting for the correct time to go back to earth and once again resume living on the planet earth. This short clip shows how every human is floating around on chairs with virtual screens, talking on the phone and even using there chair to change the color of clothes for them. Now here is the kicker they are all fat. In this short clip it shows how everything is at the tip of these overweight humans finger tips with the push of a button. At one point in this clip it shows "John" an overweight human and he falls out of his chair and cant get back in it. These humans are so dependent on technology that "John" cant even get himself back in his chair with out the help of technology. In some ways I Can personally relate being a fire fighter and receiving a call that is referred to as a "Lift Assist", which is when someone who is generally a bit larger has fallen down and just cant get back up on their feet. I feel some times we are to dependent on technology. Another example, when WALL-E is trying to get past the fat lady to be next to EVA and in doing so breaks the ladies virtual television. Immediately the ladies facial expression changes when her eyes seemed to be open and see what she was missing out on. Its like the lady was blown away on what she had been truly missing out on with all the interference of technology that is right in front of us. Don't get me wrong I love to use technology in the right time and place, I feel that we use it way to much in our daily lives. I say this because I seem more and more little pudgy children in the United States not to mention that we are officially the most obese nation in the world. Now that may seem harsh but I see more and more kids playing on IPhones, game consoles, watching television, using laptops and less children outside playing. I feel that we are a very lazy nation, all about instant gratification and don't like to get dirty anymore when that's what this country was founded on. Well I hope every enjoyed this and just to re-iterate technology is great I just think there is a time and place for it and used way to much.
No comments:
Post a Comment