Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Boston Redsox Win The World Series!!

Heck Ya! Boston Red Sox win the World Series at home in game six against the St. Louis Cardinals! The Red Sox won the best of seven games, four games to two, for this years 2013 world series.For the third time in 10 seasons after an 86-year drought, the Boston Red Sox have won the world series at Fenway Park!
 
Red Sox
 
The Red Sox have had the longest drought out of any baseball club in the Major League Baseball history. This drought by some was called the "Curse of the Bambino"  which some have attributed to the alleged sale of Babe Ruth from the Red Sox to the Rival team the New York Yankee's. This took place two years after the Red Sox won the world series in 1918. To date the Boston Red Sox have only won seven world series. In 2004 the Boston Red Sox broke their 86 year drought and some say that this broke the "Curse of the Bambino", then in 2007 they won the world series again.
 


 
Tonight October 30, 2013 the Red Sox win the world series once again. I feel that the Red Sox winning a third world series in ten years means that the "Curse of the Bambino" is permanently broken and no longer exists. The Red Sox have finally proven the Curse does not exists and that this ball club is here to win!

3 comments:

  1. This world series was awesome. I also enjoyed watching and yelling at the TV. I was not specially invested in a team but enjoyed watching these players make amazing hits and plays. good job Boston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this world series. There were so many intense endings and I could not hold it together. I have been a die Hard Red Sox fan my whole life so this was intense. The third game was ridiculous and I freaked out by that call, but all ended well for our team:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Considering I am a from St. Louis and a lifelong Cardinals fan, I will try not to hold your enthusiasm for the Red Sox against you. ;)

    In all seriousness, this is a timely post that hits on some interesting points. Further considering aspects like why people bought into the curse or how these 3 World Series wins have affected fans, baseball, etc. would take this post to the next level.

    ReplyDelete