Friday, October 4, 2013

Riding Trikes, Bikes and Motorbikes!

Howdy all! I want to start off and ask the question who loves riding? I think it is safe to say that growing up from the ages of being a toddler, young child, teenager, and adult that we like to ride on some form of a trike, scooter, bicycle, dirt bike, and maybe even a motorcycle.
When we are growing up as a toddler we are given safe toys that might resemble this.


 
A trike right! I remember my trike and I was in love! Where ever I could I was pedaling around whether it was in the house, outside, or where the next biggest hill was. I was hooked. Then we start to get a bit bigger and now we have a bicycle with or without training wheels.
 
As we continue to grow now we get bigger and the bikes get bigger as well. We start to use them to go places to such as; riding to school, going to work and we still continue to ride these wheeled contraptions because they are fun.
 
 
Riding to school.
 
Riding for fun.
 

Well this all leads me to the fact the we as humans love to ride these fun, yet at times dangerous things that we call trikes, bikes, and motorcycles. We do it because its fun and the enjoyment we get from it. Well as some of you have noticed I was in a Dirt bike accident and had an open compound Tibia/Fibula fracture. What that means is that both of my bones in my lower leg know as your shin bones, both had broken and pushed through my skin. It hurt pretty bad.
 
All of this leads me up to this! Motorcyclist run over by SUV in Massachusetts!
 
 
After seeing this man get run over I was outraged from the simply fact that five weeks ago I was hit by a truck myself. Now here is the kicker guys this gentleman in the video that is run over by the SUV has a bad rap sheet when it comes to driving. Does this matter?!
 
Well here is what I think! Recently when I was in my own accident and hit bike a truck on my dirt bike which was not licensed, registered, or street legal this is what I learned when retaining an attorney. Whether my bike was legal, registered, or licensed that truck that hit me, well it would have still hit me regardless if I was legal or nor legal. The truck would have still hit me!
 
Now my point here is, a guy that is run over on his motorcycle by a SUV and the crime is caught on tape what does that have to do with "if he is legal or not legal to drive" he was hit by a vehicle. Furthermore the man cannot walk now, and is paralyzed. I guess what I am trying to get at is, yes it is wrong to drive on the road if you are not legal to do so, but if you are still legal and you get hit, at that point and time paper work had no determination that you were going to get hit!
 
So in conclusion, Paper work could not have prevented me from getting hit on my Dirt bike by a truck! Correct licensing for the man ran over by an SUV in Massachusetts could not have prevented him from getting run over. I feel like this is an out rage when those who enjoy trikes, bikes, and motorcycles are getting treated wrong. We are just trying to enjoy trikes, bikes, and motorcycles that where introduced to us a such a young age.


3 comments:

  1. As somebody who's main mode of transportation is a bike, I know how you feel. I've actually never been hit by a car... yet. But I can't even count how many times I've almost been hit by a car. Mostly just because they weren't even looking. I understand that this is Arizona and not very many people ride bikes, but YOU are a huge piece of metal and I'm not. Now I just treat every car like they're an idiot trying to hit me and so far that's worked :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. i use to love riding my bicycle around the joy of just being able to hop on and go for a ride was amazing. i hope to get another one here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting topic. However, you switch gears mid-post. The introduction is on how we all like biking - which is a valid and intriguing start. Then you switch to safety, accidents, and regulations and it feels like an entirely different post. Both are valid points and topics though not necessarily put together in the same post as you have here.

    That said, you are visually supporting your writing, integrating the links and pictures, and engaging your reader - as is evident in the comments you are receiving on these posts.

    ReplyDelete